Couples Therapy at Nurtured Spirit
Many couples find themselves stuck in unhealthy patterns of relating to one another. These patterns can leave some partners feeling sad, invisible and alone while others may feel inadequate, judged and confused. If you feel like this in your relationship you are NOT ALONE.
I help couples recognize their unhealthy patterns and learn new ways of being with one another. I do this by being present, slowing everything down, and mindfully listening to both partners to understand their unique experience in the relationship. I will help you to understand what you are missing in your relationship and learn how to ask for what you need in a way that your partner can hear and respond. Being in a relationship can be exhausting and lonely. I can help you feel more connected and at peace with your partner. It is never too early or too late to make things better.
Why do couples seek my help?
- To enhance their sex lives or discuss sexual difficulties
- To connect after adding children to their relationship
- To re-connect after raising children
- To prepare for marriage or a committed relationship
- To help with the difficulties of a gender transition
- To help with difficult life transitions
- To learn to build trust after an affair or betrayal
- To learn to stop patterns of unhealthy connection and begin to show up for one another in new ways
- To learn to stop blaming the other and take ownership for one’s own stuff
*I am currently working towards certification in Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy.
Read here for more information on this work.
If you think you would benefit from couples therapy at Nurtured Spirit, contact me today to discuss options.
*photograph by Hugo Chisholm